Thursday, February 9, 2012

So today, I was snubbed by my cousin.  She is upset with me for something I said.  Well, I acknowledge I can be somewhat direct and blunt.  But I am not vicious, I hope.  Perhaps with the passage of time, it will be understood that what I said was motivated by concern for my sister.

In my close family, we have always been direct with each other.  It saves time. I am used to this mode of expression.  And at any rate, I get to have my say, as well, so I feel it is fair. Sometimes there are arguments and the uncomfortable realization that "heck, maybe I WAS wrong??"  But since my family actually loves me, and I them, we get through these things.  They say what they think, and I say what I think, and through discussion we sort things out.  Sometimes the discussions are LOUD.  But I am glad to say that nobody stays mad for very long.

So, I am unsure of how to proceed with this.  I have gone over and over my words, and they did not seem so very unforgiveable.  And at this point, I am willing to let this go until she feels up to talking to me again.  Clearly, she doesn't want to hear from me.  So be it.

Time to move on and enjoy the rest of my life. 

So, my task is not to worry over this, but to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment