Thursday, June 14, 2012

Last night, my second grandson graduated Jr. High.  It is the same Jr. High that I attended.  I was very emotional thinking that this child had such a difficult beginning, and here he has achieved academic success and is moving on to High School.  AJ was born prematurely.  He had many health issues and I can remember holding him in my arms... tubes and all...and just praying with every fiber of my being that he would strengthen and grow.   Whenever I did that, he would smile.  I love that kid.

Of course, when his older brother, Tyler, graduates High School, next year...I will bring tissues.  I know it's going to hit me.

Also, I saw little Gracie... just over one year old... and thought...gee, I'm going to have to live another 18 years to see this one graduate high school.  And my youngest son is expecting a baby boy in September this year.

So, I just don't want to leave the party.  I will have to take very good care of my health, and God Willing, I will be the old granny yelling "yeeeehaw!!"  at all their graduations!!

Sorry, if this sound a bit maudlin.  I have been ill with allergy-related issues and it's a bit draining.  I am feeling better at the moment, though. 

Just More Than Thankful for my life and all the love that is in it.  Life is Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment