Saturday, December 24, 2011

Last night I had our family Christmas gathering, because I had to work at Sears this morning.  It was lots of fun.  We had wonderful food and drinks.  But the best part was watching the grandkids open their presents.  My sister gave the two youngest grandsons Superman and Batman pyjamas.  They couldn't wait to put them on and they actually Danced around in them.  Nate is 4 and Sam is 7.  Dancing, happy boys...I loved it.  They wanted to watch one of the videos I gave them... and we all sat and enjoyed "Planet 51."  The two older boys seemed pleased with their presents, too.  And little Gracie, at 7 months loved the food, the paper and the lights!  My neice gave her a sooooffft little polar bear and she kept patting it.  So cute.

Now Sammy has autism, and he is on some medicine for his croup.  The medicine is not agreeing with his autism.  But he was sooo good.  He was sooo happy. I'll take it.   And he loved the Star Wars Lego Wii game I got him.  Actually, it is for All the kids to play.  (But Sammy just Loves Star Wars)

This morning, I worked at Sears.  When the husband picked me up, I asked to go for a ride to a nearby town. Tiverton Four Corners has the cutest crafty sort of shops.  We would take the kids there when they were small.  It felt nice to be with my husband, but the warm memories of when the kids were small echoed all around me.

I am glad that I enjoyed those years with my children.  I can never get those days back.  Sometimes, I wish I could relive them.  But those beautiful memories are mine and I will never forget them. 

I am so proud of my grown children.  They are very nice people.  I feel blessed to have been a part of their young lives and hope to be around to watch them evolve and grow. 

The fun part is being a grandma...really.  I would be sad about growing older, but I have these dancing boys and a little girl and two teenagers that fill my heart, too.  So my adventure is not over yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment