Wednesday, October 26, 2011

So, what is an old lady like me doing up at 3 am?  Ha. I just finished my outline for my English paper for today.  It is a paper that will cover the use of therapy dogs and service dogs for autistic children.  I am enjoying writing it.

Today, I was supposed to go into the salon to be available for massages.  However, I had no clients and have been feeling extremely tired lately - so I took the day off.  I took my daughter and her youngest 2 children to breakfast.  Then we went to get Nate his shoes.  (This is a grandmom's delight)

While at breakfast, Nate was getting squirmy - so I filled a tiny creamer cup with coffee and added more cream.  He enjoyed drinking it and looked so cute with his special, tiny cup.  Nate is 4 yrs. old. 

Gracie is about 6 mos, and she entertained me by eating asparagus and baked beans. She gets so animated when she eats. At one point, she was twirling the asparagus stick in her mouth. Hilarious.

I wasn't kidding about being tired today.  I even left my purse at my daughter's house.  When I went back to get it, I got to see the three older grandsons. Sammy had a spot of bad behavior and it hurt me to see this.  Usually, he is a happy kid.  His older brother had to deal with him, and it made me sad. It's possible his blood sugar was a little low.  He brightened up when supper came on the table.  He even helped set the table!

I am thankful that our Sammy has the family he does.  God knew what he was doing placing that boy! My daughter and son-in-law advocate for their child.  Sammy is high functioning and seems 'normal' most of the time.  He has tantrums and meltdowns at things that a non-autistic child would take in stride.  His parents are consistent, loving, and very patient.  My daughter cooks everything from scratch, follows the Feingold diet, and keeps Sammy gluten-free.  A beautiful loaf of gluten-free bread was on the counter.  Sammy proudly told me about it.   (I sometimes pity the wives these boys may someday have...LOL)

And so, I fell asleep watching "Perry Mason" and feeling just 'all in'.  I woke up a few minutes ago and put my outline together in about 1/2 hr. The mind is a surprising thing.  I guess it was on my 'back burner' , because it came out smoothly. So...now to get a few more zzzzs.

No comments:

Post a Comment