Friday, November 4, 2011

Howdy do...

It's been awhile since I've posted.  Schoolwork, and my work as a massage therapist, and also a salesperson have kept me spinningly busy.

Oh, I wish my house were nice and straightened.  I just made pasta con brocolli and have not yet put the pans in the dishwasher.  It was a long day. I had school in the morning, then work at the salon.  I have the nicest clients!  I love giving massage. It is my joy.

I have some projects to work on.  I have a presentation to do for my Portuguese class.  Fun. Hopefully, this weekend will give me the time to work on it.  I also have an important research paper to work on for English.  French class remains project-less at the moment. 

I love the fall.  I love the way the sunlight glints on the trees.  Many of them have lost their leaves, but they still look beautiful.  As busy as I am, I try to appreciate the natural beauty of my little spot on Earth.   New England has a unique charm.  Changing cloud scapes, water that sometimes is my very favorite shade of blue, houses that were gracefully built by long-ago craftsmen all add up to a satisfying vista.  It spells home to me. 

I have lived on the West Coast, and though it had its charms, it never had my heart.  I can remember coming home and breathing a sigh of relief.  I love my little down at the heels city.  It's comfortable. It's familiar. It's home.

No comments:

Post a Comment