Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My daughter is an amazing mom.  Her five children get nutritious Feingold diet approved meals and treats.  She cooks and bakes from scratch.  I have even learned a few kitchen tricks from her.  It is so nice.

Her eldest son has Asperger's Syndrome, which means he has trouble reading other's responses and is sometimes very literal.  The next in line was born prematurely and he had many health issues growing up.  God blessed the older one with a gentle, loving disposition and with some intervention, he is doing very well and you don't notice the Asperger's much at all.  The next in line has a feisty, little rooster kind of personality.  This has been a blessing, because it has helped him fight those health issues and develop into the bright, social, and strong young man that he is. 

The third son has Autism and behavior issues because of it.  On the one hand, God has blessed him with strength and beauty, but the Autism makes his life difficult.  On a good day, Sammy is loving, funny and smart.  On a bad day, he is angry and has trouble controlling his impulses. With intervention at home and at school, he is making improvements.  After Sammy, comes Nate, who is Mr. Entertainer.  He will be the child in all of the school plays and performances.  Slightly hyper, they now want to have him evaluated for developmental issues.  Sigh, Sigh, and more Sighs.  He does not have any learning issues that I can see.  He just seems to be a bit overly energized sometimes.  But I feel for him and my daughter and what these evaluations may turn up.  But I am absolutely confident that my daughter will make the best decisions for our loving, beautiful Nate. 

Last but not least is Grace Clotilde.  She is happy, beautiful, and loved by her whole family.  She brings out the best in her brothers.  She has no development issues and although she loves to eat, she is correctly proportioned in height and weight.  I think she may have said my name...Nanni...at 7 months, and it made me burst!

My prayers for these children never cease.  I pray that God will bless them and guide them on the correct path and help them to grow in love, health, and spirit.  Please Lord, keep your hand of protection on my family, from the oldest to the youngest.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment