Sunday, November 27, 2011

Remember that song "Runnin' on Empty..." ??  yeah, well, that's me lately.  I don't do well with hectic.  I need space to breathe and I haven't had much of that.  It has been very busy at school with English paper due and Portuguese Presentation due, and French Quizes... yikes.  I've done fairly well, but wish I could have put more time into some of the work.  Sometimes I wonder... why am I doing this? 

Benefits: a. I've always wanted to study languages b. it's free tuition for me.  So, I am enjoying it, but I have very little free time. 

Time.  I don't like to think of it as running out, but it will someday.  For all of us. So, it is important to spend your time wisely. 

My cousin posted a clip of Amalia Rodrigues singing a Fado and it tore my heart out.  That is what singing is all about, my friends.  If you are not singing with your heart and from your gut, then you are not singing!

Hearing that clip brought back so many memories, especially of my dad playing the Portuguese guitarra and singing in his wonderful voice.  He could sing many fados, and he could also make up verses on the spot... Fun.

My Madeiran friends in the Folclórico group can do this extemporaneous singing and it is just great. 

Today I am very hoarse and I Hate to lose my voice.  I find it very depressing. I went to Mass and could not sing along.  bummer. But my good friend sat behind me and I could enjoy her angelic voice.  Made me smile, in spite of feeling a bit down.

I think I just need to get some rest. So bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment